Saturday, April 12, 2008

What a great Day!



Today was beautiful !! 66 degrees! Abbey had me up at 6:30 chewing her bone on my face while I was trying to sleep. But it was worth it as I got alot done, did some things around the house. Then I took her for a nice walk in the field near my house and worked with her on her lessons. She does awesome in the house (especially when you hand out the treats) but outside it is so distracting. But she did better (at times) not pulling and even heeling a little... well at least I thought she was, despite hanging my hand down next to my left knee with a treat enclosed.. haaahaaa. but it was an improvement :-) ... Then I came home and blasted my christian music out my window, went in the backyard and played fetch - she even dropped it for me !!! ( as I exchanged a treat for it and said "drop it" Does this count??????????????
The music really lifted my spirits - I went inside for a second and opened Greg's bible and read this scripture:

Jeremiah 50:6-7
My people have been lost sheep;
their shepherds have led them astray
and caused them to roam on the mountains.
They wandered over mountain and hill
and forgot their own resting place.
Whoever found them devoured them;
their enemies said, "We are not guilty,
for they sinned against the Lord, their
true pasture, the Lord, the hope of their fathers.

It made me think of how lost we are without God and how easy it is to be led astray from all the cares in the world and even false teachings. Last week I had a conversation with a dear couple but do not believe in what I do. They were trying to witness to me and I saw how brainwashed and lost they were. It really grieved my spirit and I couldn't wait to get out of the room, it even felt so hot in there and I almost felt defiled just listening to it. I was praying God, please let me out of this. I told them I was a christian and I believed in Jesus but he kept using knowledge and history to persuade his faith on me.. I left and had to really pray that God would cleanse my thoughts and spirit as it really was weird and made me feel uneasy. It made me realize how much I love the Lord my God and felt so protected by him. That situation really drew me close to Jesus. I felt like just listening to that garbage that I was cheating on God. It's hard to explain, I guess it's a spiritual thing. Sorry about my tangent, but when I read that scripture, I thought of that couple and also how easy we can "lose our resting place" if we don't stay focused on the truth. So that was my sermon for the day ;-)

I will end this blog posting some pictures I took today.
















3 comments:

Todd said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I know how you feel when people try to persuede you into a belief after you told them that you believe Jesus Christ is your savior.

I try to take those things they are saying to me as a sharpening tool for my faith. Then I try to look at a counter to what they say and try to give them that counter in order to win them over to Christ. Usually it doesn't work becuase they believe as strongly in their faith as we do in ours.

Stacey said...

It was such a beautiful day! It's days like that, that make me want to be outside (which I was) taking in all of the Lord's beautiful creations.

It's so hard when you come across people that have a different belief than you do. Around Easter I had a gentleman come to my door offering me to come to their church. I said thanks, but no thanks. I have a church that I am already attending and will be there on Easter morning. Then he asked me if I was saved. I told him yes I was. The in a almost mocking tone asked me if I knew what that meant. Grrr... That instantly made me mad. Just for the fact, that he asked me it like I was lying to him. (Which I'm sure there are people that do lie about it just to get him to go away. It bugs me to no end when people knock on my door pushing their beliefs on me.) Then Todd came to the door and all was well. Anyways... Long story short (this is turning into a mini novel. hahah) I prayed for him and prayed to not be so short tempered when dealing with people that question my faith. It's never a easy thing. Each time it happens it's a learning experience for me and makes me realize how much I love the Lord.

June said...

Thanks for sharing you guys!