Friday, April 4, 2008

Iron Sharpens Iron - Friends


Last night I spoke with my good friend back East. She read my blog that I fowarded to her and shared that she had to call me and tell me that she was feeling the same way I was, that she wanted to be on fire for God and serve Him with all she had. Last month when I talked to her she was so low and depressed and was ready to leave her husband. But last night there was a MAJOR change in her spirit. She said she read the book "The power of a praying wife" by Stormie Omartin and shared how it has really impacted her walk with the Lord. She is praying for her husband and family and things are really changing already! God is so faithful when you make time with him. Her husband came to church with her for the first time in years and may even join their baseball team! THIS is a total miracle because her husband wanted nothing to do with church. She is so on fire again for the Lord and totally different person. Which really inspired me and confirmed to me that I really need to seek the Lord daily and be in his word and worship him with all my heart, soul and mind. We had such a nice chat and then we prayed together. It was so encouraging and refreshing to me! It really is contageous to be around people like that. It just does something to your spirit. Oh and she also shared that her pastor is doing a 6 week study on 30 days to live, He is talking about if you knew you had only 30 days to live , what would you do. That is something to really think about and got me thinking too. All the stupid cares of this world would not mean a thing (even American Idol). Gives us something to ponder, huh? So I decided that I am going to be available for God, use my gifts, spend more time with him and see where He takes me! And I am going to read that book which I happened to have on my shelf that I completely forgot about. I hope in a month from now, people will see a change. Pray for me!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

That is wonderful news! The Lord is always there for us, even if we ignore him. You and your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Todd said...

What a great story!!! I love hearing stories like that! It seems like there are a lot of Christians out there that are feeling a sense of revival in their hearts! Every one I talk to in other states are feeling the same thing! It amazes me and I am so glad it is happening!