Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday






I'll keep this short as it is way past my bedtime. Just wanted to recap my day. Church was great as usual. I always walk out of there energized and challenged! I was a bit of a whiner though because it was very cold in there and just couldn't seem to warm up. Oh well, all is good! Okay, so then we go home and relax a little, read the paper. I gave Abbey some training. Then Greg and I went out to clean up the dog poop in the back yard, a chore we have been waiting to do hoping the weather would warm. We discovered a mouse hole under our bbq grill as we have been seeing mice run on our deck. GROSS, there's nothing more I hate than mice. Tonight Greg went on a mission to catch all 6 of them that he counted tonight with mouse traps. I swear, every time he laid one out, within 5 minutes we would catch one. We got 5 altogether!!! Greg was so proud! I was so beyond being grossed out! Then we had to clean out Abbey's ears because she has an infection. She hates it and I totally traumatized her tonight so much, she ran away and I think I blew her trust in me. I felt so bad. I finally got to hold her and she just cuddled in my arms looking in shock (mom cried) it don't take much. There is no way we will be able to finish this out, I don't think we can put her through this one more night. Plus it is wearing on us. Greg is real frustrated wondering why the vets give this kind of stuff to squirt in a puppy's ear and expect it to go smooth. Greg also cracked his tooth and has a toothache so he has been cranky all day... the ear thing stressed him out. So now I better put in a few pics before I publish this post. One pic is Abbey stressed and in shock after the meds and the other is the dogs outside today fighting over their raw hides and one of Abbey looking pretty. Geez, I feel like a proud mother of a newborn. Have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Great news that he caught the mice. They gross me out just thinking about them! YUCK! Greg should make an appt with the dentist I'm going to.He is n the greenery park building across from the community college. He has excellent chair side manners. I really like him!

Todd said...

Sounds like an action packed day!!! First you have a plague of mice apon your house, and the stuff in your dogs ear. Greg cracks a tooth and is in pain. Through all of that you seem to hold a positive attitude. I wish my day was that action packed! Other then Church our day was un-eventful! Tell Greg I emailed the dentist contact info so he can get his tooth worked on. Have a wonderful Monday!

Mrs. B said...

I'm glad the dog makes you feel like a proud mother...

:(

;)

-Sarah