Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Day of School






Today was so much fun. I took Abbey for her first private lesson at obedience school. I was so proud of her! Our instructor reminded me of a female version of Ceaser Millan the Dog Whisperer. She was really informative and taught me how to make Abbey submissive. She is quite an energetic pup, I sometimes call her psycho-dog! But it was really cool. She had me hold her like a baby, really tight until she calmed down and I couldn't look at her until she calmed down. She finally did calm down but she was whimpering like a baby for 5 or so minutes and I couldn't make eye contact until she stopped. I have quite the drama queen dog. When she finally stopped I was allowed to let her go. It was a stepping stone for me and her. We worked on coming, sitting, down, focus, and heel position. She did excellent!!! But to be honest, I am the one being trained and I came home overwhelmed and exhausted just like Abbey. She slept most of the day ;-) The picture is her snoozing with Greg and of me and her-- Notice how submissive and calm she is No biting and going spastic on me!!! BIG IMPROVEMENT. I think I am going to sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Todd said...

I wish we could get a dog. They are a handful! Hope you and Greg have a wonderful Sunday!