Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Walking with God






I was really touched by our church service this past Sunday. Our pastor touched on how our relationship with God should be. He said that we should be talking, sharing, reading and shouldn't be able to keep inside what God has done in our lives. I really felt convicted because at one time that was me. All I wanted to talk about was God and it frustrated me when I ran into Christians and they never talked about God. He then mentioned that the amount of time we spend in the word will show how deep our relationship with Him is. I really felt a conviction. I have been praying about this alot, that my heart would be ignited again for God. That I would talk about him more, share about him more and give people the hope that He has given me. I recommitted my heart to him by raising my hand in the service when he challenged those who needed that recharge in our hearts. I want to share on my blog what I hear from God when I seek him as accountability to stay in His word. So this morning I prayed and read and this is what I heard.

In Matthew 5 13-16 I read about being salt and light in the world. Isn't it cool how God has me reading this after I asked Him to help me. I want to be that seasoning of salt when I am around people. I want to leave an impact wherever I go. When you go out to eat and enjoy a wonderful tasting dish, you talk about it and share your comments to others. It should be like that with the Lord. And I definitely tasted and saw that the LORD IS GOOD! He has been so faithful to me, He has taken my wretched life and truly turned it inside out. And as I am blogging, I am praising His Name because if you knew me before I turned my heart over to Him you would see a totally different person. A city on a hill shines in the darkness. It looks so pretty from a distance. It stands out although it is so far away. I love seeing the lights of a big city when I am landing in a plane at night. I want to be that person that when I leave a room or a conversation, they will remember something good and I will leave a footprint of Jesus on their heart.


Life is not easy but God is faithful and true and He is always walking beside us, all we have to do is open our hearts. Like I did this morning and heard him speak to me. If anyone wants to be on this journey together, please join in and share what the Lord is doing in your life.

7 comments:

Todd said...

I am so glad you shared this. I too raised my hand for the same reason that you stated. I tell you what!!! It was an instant recharge and I haven't felt the Holy Spirit that strong for as long as I can remember!

It comforts me to know there are others out there ready to commit and share our Lords word by living for the Lord publicly. With faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains. It seems the largest mountains to move are in the skeptic’s heart. Every time I see new believers commit themselves to Christ I find hope in it when it comes to witnessing to others.

To add friend blog links to your blog. Go to your dashboard. From there go to manage layout. It will bring up a template showing your current layout. There will be a square that has an add a page element. Click on it where you want your friends link to show up on your blog.

That will bring up a choose a new page element window. Choose the link list and add to your blog. That will open a configure link list window. From there you will add your title such as My Favorites or whatever you want to call it in the title field. Then tab down to new site url. You’ll have to copy and paste the url address of your friends blog page. Example: mine is http://todd7678.blogspot.com

After the desired url address in pasted in then tab down to new site name. Type in your friends name there. Example if you were doing mine you’d type in Todd or Todd’s blog. Click save. You can add multiple people this way. I can show you more Saturday if you’d like. Stacey can also customize a layout if you want.

June said...

Thanks for your help! And for your encouragment also! I totally was touched by the HS Sunday too. It is so cool to see how God is putting us all together to glean and grow together as Christians. I sure hope you guys can come over Saturday.

Todd said...

I am going to give the sitter a call tonight so hopefully we will be able to.

Stacey said...

I got bored and made a layout for you. haha You can see it at http://creativity-forme2.blogspot.com/ Let me know if you want anything on it changed and what you would like on the banner.

June said...

Staey, I love it!!! That is so awesome. Thank you so much, now you have to help me with the rest because I have no clue what to do with it being just a baby blogger.

Stacey said...

Oh good! I'm so glad you like it! All I need to know is what you would like the top to say where it currently has "Blog Name here" Do you want Junebug? Walking with God? Or maybe a favorite bible verse? The possibilities are endless Just let me know and I'll change it for you and walk you through installing it.

June said...

I am trying to come up with a banner :

Junebug, Sharing my Heart

How does that sound?

or Heartfelt thoughts
or Thoughts, Family, Friends and Grace
hmmmmmmm... let me sleep on it..