Wednesday, January 21, 2009

See the picture of the above MRI machine? Doesn't it look cold and gloomy?? Well yesterday I had the chance to experience that lovely procedure. I had 2 MRI's in a row. What fun. NOT. It was the weirdest experience. After being injected in my shoulder with a contrast dye, which felt like a really heavy ache like charlie horse, they put me in the above machine for 40 minutes. I felt like I was the star in a building renovation. It was very noisy, constant clanging and banging. It was cold, dark and LOUD! They give you headphones and a choice of music to listen to to drown out the noise. I chose Christian music. Although the noise drowned out alot of the music, God was faithful and gave me a few of my favorite songs that played. I kind of got emotional in there thinking, God knew how nervous I was that he knew my favorite songs to comfort me!! I never considered myself claustrophobic but I still closed my eyes through the entire procedure just so I wouldn't become it! 40 minutes in there seemed like it was never going to end. Then they rolled me out, gave me a minute to go to the bathroom only to come back and go through it again for my neck, another 40 minutes. When I came out and saw light again and knew it was over, it was an awesome moment! It was finally over!!! Yay! I find out the results on Friday. I give God the praise because I really felt prayers being lifted up for me through it all as I asked people to pray. It doesn't take much for me to work myself up. I did my best to focus on God while listening to his words in the lyrics. It is so true that God's word gives you peace. I also prayed for people while I was in there. It is amazing though how through magnets, it shows all of your insides. I can't wait to see the results on Friday and hope and pray it is not anything serious and that I don't need surgery OR another MRI again!





4 comments:

Todd said...

We will be praying for you. Isn't it amazing how God gives us comfort in our times of need. The smallest things are used by Him as a way to comfort us. I pray your test results turn out for the better.

June said...

Thank you :-)

Stacey said...

I'm a little late, but you guys are always in my prayers. I hope the results are good!

June said...

Hi Stacey!!! I MISS your blogs! Don't you blog anymore? I'm on facebook but I enjoy blogging more!
Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for your prayers.. hugs