Friday, May 2, 2008

Revelation - People are watching


Wow, I had a revelation today as I was having a conversation with a friend. I work for the county and one part of my job is delivering the mail to all of the departments. There are always attorneys hanging out in the court areas discussing things to one another. There is one attorney that I see alot and he is very loud, obnoxious and has the foulest mouth. He seems so unprofessional to me. I hate being around him because everytime he is up there he is cussing to one of his collegues and everyone hears him. I guess when I think of an attorney, I somewhat want to have respect for someone in a position like that. It is a profession I would want to admire, being the knowledge and education they have . If my daughter went into law and became an attorney, I would be very proud of her. Not saying all attorneys are upstanding individuals but you get the drift, right? Well as I was discussing this individual to her and how he got on my nerves and how unprofessional I thought he was, I stopped to think for a moment while I was listening to myself talk. I thought, as a christian, that is how people want to see us, maybe not professional but disciplined, talking nicely and kind, not cussing, etc. For someone to see us acting the opposite dissapoints them in a way. I had to stop and think even thought I didn't tolerate this certain individual and what he was doing was unprofessional and obnoxious, I can be that way too in my christian walk. It made me realize that people are watching me and expecting more out of me. I want to leave good thoughts with people when I walk into a room. I don't want to discredit my belief in God and have them mocking me as I walk away. And I probably should be praying for this guy too. That is what I wanted to blog about tonight.

Prayer: Lord Jesus help us to be the fragrance of Christ wherever we go. Thank you that you forgive us so freely when we come to you and repent and that you are not a harsh judge. Help us to lead a good example to others because of the grace you have given us. Amen.


3 comments:

Todd said...

Amen to that! I see Christians saying pretty crazy stuff and screaming on street corners that people are going to burn in hell.

When I see that I get angry because that makes all Christians look bad. It is very important how you present yourself. If we are the body of Christ then we are representing him.

If people see crazy behavior or ludeness being show in our actions. Then that is how they will see Christ. Great blog June!

Mrs. B said...

I agree completely. I think that's what Jesus tells us not to be of the world. The things people don't do seem to stand out, too. So when someone isn't swearing/lying/gossiping, people notice, too.

And just curious, if your daughter didn't became a lawyer but became an actress, how would you feel? :)

I love you!

June said...

I would feel proud of you if you became an actress :-) Love you too, you little cutie!!!!!!