Saturday, May 10, 2008

Attempting the "Heel"






I am on a quest to get this puppy to heel!! I LOVE to take walks and thought how enjoyable it could be to take nightly walks. We are having a hard time cooperating. I have tried the normal collar, a halter collar that goes around their belly, even ran to Rosauers last night to buy a chain choke collar and now today at puppy school I discovered the Halte collar (spelling, I am not sure). It's the 2nd one to the left. Our teacher, who I refer to as Aunt Marie (the female version of the dog whisperer) had me try this before I left. Kind of like a gentle leader, it goes around the nose so when they pull, it tightens their muzzle and is suppose to slow them down. Did it show her down????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmm... a little I guess in between trying to pull the dang thing off with her paws. I don't know how this will work out. It looks really uncomfortable. I will try to get a pic of her tomorrow with it on to post on the blog. I am worn out. I feel like I am in kindergarten all over again. Dog training is alot of work. I wonder what kind of "revelation" I can get out of dog training. Me and my revelations.... I got one, it's like God trying to teach you things and when you don't learn, he uses different things to bring you to learn what he wants but the more you fight, the longer it takes to learn the lesson. If you would just submit to it, live would be a lot smoother sailing... kind of like heeling :-)

Anyway, to all of the mothers reading this, have a Wonderful Mothers Day and Be blessed! Sarah had one of her old high school friends come to my door to deliver a rose to me today since she won't be home on Mothers Day. She is on her way home driving from LA, to San Francisco to Portland, to Spokane to Kalispell -to be home late Monday. Please pray for a safe trip and peace for the mom waiting to see her home safe and sound.



1 comment:

Stacey said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I hope all is going well. It's been kinda crazy around here lately. Seems like my blogging time has gone down hill. I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather that we are having.